This Friday we have a link roundup for you in honor of Sleep Month. Here are a few stories from around the internet to help learn about sleep, so you can catch those wonderful ZZZ's!
RelaxingMusic/flickr creative commons
- We’ve all heard that you can’t ‘catch up’ on sleep. A consistent sleep schedule is best, but one of our favorite health blogs, Greatist, gives us a different story... kind of.
- Next up, looks like doctors might start prescribing sleep to cure a variety of mental and physical ailments, like ADHD and obesity. Honestly, who doesn't want a little extra sleep?
- Snacks before bed? Say no to those potato chips, they might be causing insomnia!
- What actually happens when you are sleeping? NPR shares how sleeping cleans things up in your brain.
- 5. And if you need help sleeping, lavender is proven to cause a calming effect when inhaled. Enjoy the scent as you drift off to sleep!